The National Housing Corporation (NHC) is committed to the adding to and improving the existing supply of houses, enhancing the usefulness of the funds of the Corporation by promoting greater efficiency in the housing sector. As a diverse and socially responsible Corporation, NHC is building a culture of innovation with a highly motivated, professional and committed team.
This position holds the responsibility for creating NHC’s annual operating plan and goals, and for maximizing use of NHC’s resources and assets. The General Manager provides effective leadership to senior management and builds and maintains strong working relationships and partnerships with relevant stakeholders. The position is also responsible for ensuring it operates within the guidelines of the National Housing Corporation Act, Chapter 23.18 of 2002. The General Manager is responsible to the Board of Directors for overseeing the Corporation’s operations efficiently and effectively to ensure NHC’s viability and achieving its mandate.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interface with staff and Board of Directors in formulating short and long-term goals consistent with the Corporation’s Act, financial and operational policies
- To report to the Board of Directors in a manner that allows it to work effectively and efficiently
- Represent and uphold the Corporation’s mission, vision, operating policies and procedures, financial and accounting policies and standards by encouraging and exemplifying professionalism by setting the right tone at the top
- Effectively communicate the Corporation’s objectives, goals, business plans, concerns and philosophies to employees and stakeholders
- Ensure that the appropriate staffing levels and expertise at all levels of the Corporation’s structure are in place to operate efficiently and effectively
- Ensure that the appropriate governance and management structures are in place for consultation with the Board of Directors to effectively execute on NHC’s mandate
- Interact professionally and courteously with clients, suppliers, members of the community, Elected Officials and other government employees
- Develop initiatives and ensure implementation of programs that meet local housing standards.
- Craft a 5 to 10 years strategic path for the Corporation and facilitate the implementation of annual operational plans.
- A Master’s in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, Business/ Technical Management, Finance or related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a senior management position in an operation with a staffing of over 50 employees.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze, interpret financial reports, explain policies, procedures and to evaluate plans and proposals for construction
- Ability to work effectively, confidential and confidently with industry partners, other stakeholders and all levels of Government.
Interested, qualified persons should send professional portfolio with cover letter, in a sealed envelope, addressed to:
The Board Secretary
National Housing Corporation
East Park Range
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Deadline for receipt of applications:
Thursday, January 31, 2019